Monday, May 1, 2017

Weekly Challenge #314

Happy Monday everyone!

Thanks to everyone who came and watched me tangle last night on Twitch - it was fun!
If you'd like to be notified when i'm streaming, just create a free twitch account and heart my channel to get updates on when i'm live.  I've been known to throw the cameras on if i'm in the studio making art while my kids are at school - hopefully that will work for some of my friends oversees!

If you follow me on instagram - watch for photos like this in my stories
Last weekend we bought the boys a trampoline - as they loved the neighbour's trampoline but they took it with them when they moved - (and Trampolines are fantastic therapy for Artoo).  Unfortunately the weather was really bad all weekend - with rain and YES SNOW off and on all week.

It's almost more frustrating that when it's winter, because they know that it's SOOOO close to spring - when they see snow in the mornings they seem almost insulted.  lol

budding artist
 So they have been keeping busy inside - Artoo draws every single day.  It's so amazing.

He drew a human faced cat
 This week i've been busy working on projects out of the house - feeling good that things are moving forward in those areas... go me!!

Finally on Saturday Chewie and B-rad got to work putting together the trampoline.  I'm very impressed, B-rad tells me that Chewie actually did most of the putting together himself!

Laying out the bars
 B-rad helped him read the instructions and go through each step - and Chewie diligently worked on the trampoline for hours with his dad.

so many pieces
 Artoo did a little bit of helping - but then he and I went to pick up a few groceries and get out of their hair.
My three boys, workin' hard
 And all that hard work payed off - finally!!  The boys LOVE it and now they're out the door to play as soon as we'll let them!
FUN BOUNCY TIMES
 On Saturday night i got all dolled up and headed over to Tara's for a Ladie's Night of drinking and so much cake.  So much.  Like, a ridiculous amount of cake.  mmmmmm...... so many cakes.

pre party selfie
 Tara made me the best drink ever: a Dill Pickle Vodka Bloody Mary - Elisa we are drinking these when you come to visit....
Best drink ever
So much fun.

How was your week?

Weekly Challenge #314: "UMT: Scallamps - by Sarah Uram CZT"

For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.

This month's UMT is Scallamps by Sarah Uram and you can see the step outs here 

super fun
Also - I wanted to dedicate my tangle this week to a fellow tangler who's family is hurting: Lily from Lily's Tangles
To you and your family - i'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending love and light to your family in this difficult time.  

have a great week!


And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App or Instagram - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges. So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC314(Diva Challenge #314) for your tile this week! You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function. 

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

If you love the challenge as much as i do, please consider leaving a tip (tip jar in the side bar).  I write this blog for free and have no plans to make it a paid for service in the future.  Buy me a cup of coffee, or a new Micron pen!! Click the tip jar on the side for a monthly tip, but if you just wanna throw a few bucks my way THIS LINK will give you a one time option.    A very big thank you to those who have kept me in hot cups of joe. ;)

10 comments:

  1. Love the idea to use Tangles that your viewers have submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! How exciting! Can't wait to see what everyone does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tangle! Love your deep shading.
    Happy for your boys that they have a trampoline of their own to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have Sarah's Scallamp in my book yet but it is a beautiful Tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that trampoline for the boys (not for you and B-rad????? Love your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Laura...Diva, that is. I have linked my blog for today, #314. I just wanted you to know... I looked into Twitch but they are not free..they say "30 day free trial" and that always means they will charge for using them after 30 days. Just wanted you to know they really are not free.

    Thanks,
    Duane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tile is very nice! I like the combination of patterns and the shading. Thank you for this amazing challenge! Best wishes from Germany, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this fun challenge! I love "Scallamps". I enjoyed the stream on Sunday night. I missed the challenge part but your 4 piece series is really cool;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to your challenges I learn a lot of new tangles. I didn't know Scallamps but it is a beautiful pattern and so is your tile. Thank your Laura, you are looking fine on the pre party selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for the great challenge! Scallamps is new to me. I like it and enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!