Monday, August 22, 2016

Weekly Challenge #281

Good Morning!

This past week while B-rad worked i took the boys camping with my mom in her camper/trailer at a nearby provincial park.
annnnnnnd off we go!! 
 The boys had fun playing in the sand and the water.


artoo had fun burying his legs

look at that smile
 We had beautiful weather the whole time.  Sunny days and warm nights.

Happy brothers

Silly brothers
And here's a shot of me and my mama


It was nice to have a place for the little dudes to chill out after being in the hot sun all afternoon - they were wiped. 


at bedtime we were treated to this!
 Tuesday brought another gorgeous day, so a bit of toast was had - then back to the beach!



when camping with kiddos, always - ALWAYS - bring a grandma
bedtime smores
We didn't have any graham crackers so Chewie had the idea to improvise with Ritz Crackers - and they were surprisingly tasty.

The second and last night drew to an unexpected close as suddenly a storm rolled in and we were serenaded by thunder all night long


much coffee was had.  much. much coffee. 

Weekly Challenge #281: "Tangle study-ING"

When i was in Providence for CZT training #15 Molly introduced us to the tangle ING - you can see the step outs here

I learned it along with my fellow CZTs and i admit that i haven't used it much since then.  In fact i've only used it once or twice since then - so it's about time.  I haven't really wrapped my head around it so that i can do it without looking at the step outs, but i'm working on it.

i tried ING in a circle, it's okay. 
 Have fun with this week's challenge!  Happy Tangl-ING

And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App, - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges.  So if you're game use the hashtag #DC281 (Diva Challenge #281) for your tile this week!  You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function.  

**You can also find the step outs for ING on the mosaic app!**
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 


22 comments:

  1. Lovely, this ING (the name of a financial bank in the Netherlands) in the round!!! I myself do use ING quite a lot, I love that tangle because it's very easy to combine with others.
    Great, those days with your mum and teh boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have forgotten about Ing too. Guess it's time to dust it off! Making some wonderful memories for those lucky boys there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you, the boys and your mother had a special time worthy of your memory banks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like your mother! Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts. Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, thanks for the challenge and ING is one I learned at seminar as well but don't use. Not sure why, I really like it! Have a great week! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to have another happy time together with your mother and the boys at the end of the hollidays. A very nice picture from you and your mother and also of the two brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ING is one of my favourites! Glad you're having such a fun summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know ING before and I really like to tangle it :-) Wonderful pictures from you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! RV-ING with family. So much fun. And ING has long been one of my faves, so I was delighted to return to the Challenge fold after a bit of an absence. Thanks so much Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When my daughter was up to visit us at the cottage she had to take the kids to a sandy beach too. Kids love the sand it can make a mess in an RV though, nothing worse than a sandy bed..well maybe a mosquito buzzing your ear in bed. :).
    I think I've only used ING once so it was neat to check out different variations. I used Chillon in the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer is the BEST! Enjoy every moment with your little guys, as they do grow up so soon.

    ING is a solid tangle. I taught it in class not long ago. People love learning to simplicity of these lines, the shading, and optional movement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey!! Gosh I haven't participated in a challenge for such a long time! Laura, so glad that you had a fun trip with the boys and your Mom...creating wonderful life long memories. <3 For Challenge #281 I also have neglected poor ING...so I added in Quandary from CZT#10 and there you have it. Thanks for these challenges, they really do keep us on our toes.
    Peace,
    Sue O.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fabulous trip! I'm another who had forgotten all about ING but had fun re-exploring it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CZT 15! THAT's ME! and my daughter Julie. We had breakfast with you one morning out on that wonderful patio at the hotel. Had my picture taken with you later. Yup and ING is considered MY tangle since it was introduced there. Actually I use it a lot and it is great for beginners…I use it in classes all the time! Love remembering that lovely June day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved this week's challenge...love ING too! Thank you for sharing your camping pics. Looks like a great time had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Felt like the penny dropped with Ing doing this challenge, even though I'm not that happy with my tile. So thanks Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had never used this tangle before. I LOVE it! I draw a lot of Zendalas and this is a great one for working in circles. BTW the beach trip with the boys looks awesome. There is something about sand, water, sun and kids that really works!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved this week's challenge! I've liked ING since I first saw it, however, it hardly ever turned up on my tiles. I guess this challenge will change that. Thank you for choos-ING this tangle for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your photo in the sand..happy days for happy boys!
    I too have never used ING as I am new but, once I worked out a foolproof (the fool being me lol) method that works like a charm, I was fine!Probably one of the more versatile designs I've tried yet I think. Thank you for taking time in your schedule to do this for everyone x

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!